Friday, November 2, 2012

C'est Magnifique November Sketch Challenge!

The inspiration for this page came from a brand NEW scrappy-friend and her incredibly beautiful sketch which just so happens to be the sketch for this month's C'est Magnifique Sketch Challenge!

The sketch...


This is the original sketch rotated to the left, which is what I did w/it to accommodate the oversized photo I wanted to use. And here is my take on it--as well as the final LO for my baby nephew's gift album! So thrilled to finally be finished w/this project and very satisfied with how it turned out.  : )

This is without a doubt the most feminine page of the whole entire album, and probably also my FAV of all the LO's I've made for it. I kept to the same basic color palate as the rest of the album, but decided to give this page a soft and elegant feel to help bring out the timeless quality of the photo.

The title was probably what gave me the most difficulty on this LO, and in the end I decided to borrow a line from a song by one of my all-time favorite artists-Karen Carpenter. I think it helps convey the sentiment that this journey is just beginning, which is just what I wanted the last page of his 1st Year album to say!

The title and flourish around it are rub-ons. I also added a bit of bling to the rub-on flourish bits to dress it up a little. The flowers I used are a mix of old Prima's that I layered with newer Recollections fabric and crocheted pieces. The acrylic heart embellie was the last one I had left from a package of Heidi Swapp acrylic accents that have been in my stash for the last 5 years! Needless to say I am thrilled to have finally used it on a LO, lol!!!!


The larger burlap flower w/the metal center is Jolee's, and as you can see I used a combination of bling and brads for all the flower centers. The metal keyhole accent, the butterflies, the vintage trims, the rub-on title, & the doily are all from a mix of previous Vintage Chic Cafe Kits. 
.
The stitching is hand doodled across the strips of pattern paper on both sides of the photos as well as in the top left and bottom right corners of the background paper. For this LO I mixed papers from various Basic Grey lines along with My Mind's eye, Die Cuts w/a View and Jenni Bowlin. Thanks so much for stopping by and happy FRIDAY!!

~ jami lynn bishop




No comments: